Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yummy, noshy, comfy foodz

OK, this one was pretty easy, and it got good reviews from my brother and my boyfriend.

THIS... Wonderful pot of comfort food.

VERY easy to make. Turned out pretty good. The link this Pin is from was broken, but I just went from the description at the bottom. I have no idea where to get ziti noodles from, so I just got some regular old rigatoni noodles.

Just follow the recipe, I eyed up the cheese, and you're done! I think I will add this one to my recipe list with some additions. Would have been nice with mushrooms, onion, garlic and maaaaaybe even some broccoli. Can use wholewheat pasta, extra lean ground beef, low fat cream cheese for a slightly healthier option, but if you're gonna go this far into comfort food territory, you might as well go all the way.

Here is a wonderfully lit picture of mine... half eaten of course.


Here is the recipe for those who don't "Pin" Gasp!!

-3/4 bag ziti noodles - rigatoni noodles work fine - and who really cares about exact proportions right?
-1 lb of ground beef 
-1 pkg taco seasoning nosh
-1cup water 
-1/2 pkg cream cheese, 
-1 1/2 cup shredded cheese - I think I actually added less than this. 
-- boil pasta until just cooked, brown ground beef & drain, mix taco seasoning & 1 cup water with ground beef for 5 min, add cream cheese to beef mixture, stir until melted & remove from heat, put pasta in casserole dish, mix in 1 cup cheese, top pasta/cheese with beef mixture & gently mix, top with remaining cheese, bake at 350* uncovered for 30 min

Molto bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment