Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fluffy Dessert... In a Wine Glass

Ola!

I told you there would be more! I have been lazy, I'm a terrible blogger... Lev has been giving me heck for not using my professional camera for these posts, but at this point I am just testing things out. No need to go all professional noob here.

Moving on...

Here is my Pinspiration!

I had dreams of eating pumpkin fluff that tasted like pumpkin pie without heating up the oven. I was delusional.
Nothing tastes like Pumpkin Pie like Pumpkin Pie. Not your pumpkin pie spiced latte (NO! It really doesn't!), not pumpkin fluff, not pumpkin pie flavoured pumpkin seeds... or even pumpkin pie flavoured lube... No I've not tried it but yes, it does exist- according to Google.

SO

Here is my adventure in Pumpkin Fluff - sans Reese's Pieces, because let's be honest, we all know that if there had been Reese's Pieces, there wouldn't have been a need to make the fluff.

Calories 152 | Fat 0.11g | Carbohydrate 36.66g | Fiber 0.5g | Protein 1.06g (Updated as of 10/29/2012)
Weight Watcher Recipes
Points Plus: 4
serves 4
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (1 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix - Opted for the real stuff as sugar free is nasty and I can't have any kind of sugar substitute due to allergies, and it's nasty.
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free or 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip - I thought cool whip WAS fat?!
pumpkin spice (to taste)
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in order.
2. Chill for 2 hours

I had no idea until just now that this was a Weight Watchers Recipe... Honest.

So my plan was to make this for dessert, but something tells me I should have followed the OP (Original Poster/Pinner for all  you Anti Pinterest heathens!) and used it as filling for grahm crackers.

I got all my stuffs out... I decided to go all out and use the regular vanilla pudding mix, what is pudding without sugar? Geletain. With chemical flavourings. Eww.


I then realized that I had more pumpkin than the recipe called for because up hur in Canadur we have strange ways of canning things. Things like massive cans of stewed tomatoes - when you only want 2.5 tomatoes, and pumpkin filling. But I digress...
I threw it all in anyway. There was only a little bit left. I'd show you but it's a terrible picture.

Here is my end result, again, sans Reese's Pieces :(

It looks nice.... Yes there's a but. 

Firstly, there was a bit too much here in this glass, maybe use one of my smaller wine glasses... Yeah, who am I kidding, I only own XL wine glasses. So, in smaller bits it probably wouldn't have been that bad. Secondly it was ever so slightly gritty. Not sure if this was from the pudding powder/flakes or from the pumpkin. Gonna put this in the "Do Not Make Again" pile, as it also got a similar review from the boyfriend and my brother. Thanks a lot Weight Watchers. Totally just wasted those 4 points...

NEXT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment